Liebster Award 2016 x Peanut Butter Bites
Back in the year 2008, awards and "tags" were famous among bloggers. It was the year where you would find more bloggers across the globe. You would get to know more about a blogger if he or she gets tagged, and participated. Then years have passed, awards and "tags" became a rare thing on the blogosphere. So I would like to thank Mei for nominating me for Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowered as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, then post a link to their blog on your blog. Display the award on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the one who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award.
Here are my answers to Mei's questions.
- If given a chance to change your name, would you? And what would be your new name? I have thought about this since high school. I first thought of having my name changed to Christian. Lol. Then I realized I wanted a different name. Antonio is okay.
- What is your greatest achievement so far? Graduate from college despite the family drama.
- Can you describe the most difficult situation you were in? This one's related to Q#2. It was in high school to college where I have to deal with the family drama while schooling. There's tatay dealing with his vices, mom leaving the country for work and me, being away from home for school and leave my two siblings. That's all I can share.
- How do you see yourself 5 years from now? Secured with a higher job position, traveling to different places, has advanced knowledge in web development, knows how to do good calligraphy and water painting, and hopefully to celebrate fifth year anniversary with Dann. :-D
- What’s your point of view on sex and marriage? At first, I was a fan of marriage first before sex. But since we're living in this modern world where people thinks differently and has a big mind for exploration, whichever comes first is okay. Well, for me, if you love the person, and you both wanna do it, then I guess there ain't no problem with it. It's all about the two persons' decision.
- What do you do for a living? I'm working full time in a manufacturing company as a Technical Support Analyst for quite some time already. I work at night.
- What are 3 things you love and hate the most about yourself?loves. height, commitment to caring, loyalty (chos). hates. overthinking, underweight, bad eyesight
- What’s your favorite recipe? I am always a sucker for Tinola or Sinigang. I really like Manam Comfort Filipino's Sinigang na Beef Short Rib & Watermelon.
- What’s your dream job? I dream of having a job that challenges me of what I love to do and pays well. A job that will give me no monotonous routine, and thrives me to do best with different tasks from time to time.
- When was the last time you laughed so hard? The first time I watched Haters Back Off. I don't know if it's just me but I really find it funny.
- Do you have a bucket list? What are 3 things you haven’t accomplished yet? I do. I prolly make a blog post/page about it. So, my three things that I haven't accomplished yet that I would share are cliff diving (weh?), visit Disneyland (I know, I know) and get a tattoo.
Questions for my nominees
- Given the choice of anyone in the world whom would you want as a dinner guest and why?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- If travel was something everyone did as a rite of passage growing up where would you recommend they go and why? (one country only)
- What would be the best travel memory to have and how does it compare to what you have?
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters:
- What is your favorite dish?
- Do you have a bucket list? What are 3 things you haven’t accomplished yet?
- Give a travel tip from travelers.
- What do you think of selfie sticks?
- When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out?
- Who you gonna’ call?
Also, let me share with my first attempt at making an easy no bake dessert.
Most of the time whenever I have nothing to do at home, or when I am just lying on my bed waiting to fall asleep, I watch time-lapse videos on Facebook or YouTube about cooking. There are quick meat meals, easy-to-prepare drinks, and no bake desserts. Then, I get the idea why not try them.
My first was to prepare an easy no bake dessert called Peanut Butter Bites. It's so easy you would only need your talent in mixing and molding.
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Combine all the ingredients together until fully mixed.
- Cover and let chill in the refrigerated for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls of any size you desired. I used a spoon in scooping and rolled it.
- Place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for a week or less.
That's it, and you're done! Easy right? I suggest you get a peanut butter that you like. You may try this easy no-bake dessert and maybe experiment with adding or modifying the ingredients.